Minecraft continues to be as popular as ever, so it’s not surprising that players want to upgrade the appearance of their characters and thus stand out from the crowd. If you are new to Minecraft, you may not be aware of the fact that you can play as someone more interesting than the default character Steve. Wearing blue pants and a green T-shirt he surely is nothing too exciting. You can always see the way a character looks by pressing F5. Fortunately, the question of how to change your skin in Minecraft can be answered easily.
How To Change Your Minecraft Skin
Have you seen those players in their spiffy duds and felt jealous? Are you fed up by your default, boring skin? Are you longing for more unique looks? Well, the good news is that you can get how to change minecraft skin or customize your skin at absolutely zero cost. All you need is to spare some time to learn how to do so.
Minecraft game allows people to play as futuristic soldiers, medieval knights, and aliens. But how do they do it? They do so by customizing their Minecraft skins.
Doing so can increase your confidence and look in such a way that other players will gasp in awe. You can change your skin with web downloads by following these steps.
- Download the PocketTool app by navigating to the Google Play Store (for Android) or the App Store (for iOS) and searching for PocketTool. This app will help you to download your skin of choice and add it to Minecraft.
- Find a skin by searching online. Many websites feature a variety of skins for Minecraft players to choose from. You can find a Homer Simpson skin, a skin with a Superman shirt, and countless other options. Download the skin you like.
- Download the skin in PocketTool. Open PocketTool once you have finished downloading your skin. Click “Install Downloaded Content.”
- Install the skin within the PocketTool app. The app will lead you to two tabs: one called Skins and another called Textures. Open the Skins tab and click and hold the skin you want to install. A prompt will pop up asking you if you want to install the skin.
- Change your skin by navigating back to the main page of PocketTool and clicking on “Change Textures/Skin.” The skin you are currently using will be displayed. Click and hold the skin you want to use instead. A prompt will ask you to confirm that you want to switch to that skin.
- Apply changes and reinstall Minecraft. Click the top right button in the app and select “Apply Changes.” Your device will ask you to uninstall Minecraft. Don’t worry — your worlds won’t be changed. Reinstall Minecraft and open up the game. You’ll see that you have new skin waiting for you.
What happens if you do not like any of the available skins? Can you make your own? Of course yes, just follow these simple steps:
Open Skin Edit
Once you are in this section, you’ll see a blank template. On the bottom right of the screen, you will also see your character in-game (preview).
Begin to draw and fill in the blanks
At this stage, you should not concentrate on making your skin perfect. Instead, focus on the way you would want it to look like. While you do all this, you will be seeing your character in the bottom right.
If you like the way your skin looks, save it on your computer. Then navigate to the Minecraft preferences page and upload your file of the new Minecraft skin.
After getting your desired new skin, just go out and show the entire world how great you look. For sure, every player would be jealous of your new look, just as you were before you learned how to make your own.